Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best Roses Web Site and Research Tool

Most rosarians and rose breeders agree...... http://www.helpmefind.com/ is THE best roses site out there. See below the link to the page I got by typing 'Duchesse de Brabant' into the plant search tool. Free site though a donation allows one to access higher, more rarified functions. I have relied on Steve and Clara's grand creation for many years now. John

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/plants.php?searchNmTyp=5&searchNm=Duchesse+de+Brabant&rid=4031&sbSearch=SEARCH&tab=1

3 comments:

  1. Hi John! I commented on your post on Fairmount Proserpine and have since explored your blog a little more. Fascinating stuff on cemetaries - our top old rosarian in South Africa, Gwen Fagan, did much of her research there too. Bt up in the north where I am there is very little of an Old Rose culture... not much culture all rond, in fact ;))BTW, helpmefind has not helped me find. Take a look please and tell me what you think. I have a few more links to these roses. If you are interested, try http://forums.mooseyscountrygarden.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=633&start=0&hilit=Aunty+May+Aunty+Corrie#p2337
    Many thanks! Jack
    I posted on them at Mooseys,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! Me again. I discovered the info on Four Inch Heels on Helpmefind... Now I know that is not my rose, but it is the closest yet. WHAT A STUNNER! And how I envy you to have produced something so good. I have germinated random crosses and got a few inferior roses. The best are planted in a pink commemorative bed; two rather feeble little roses looking like little pink patio roses, and both named for a friend who died of cancer: 'Steff' and 'Stefan'. He would have enjoyed the irony. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack thanks for your kind words! I'd love to see your work, will see if I can cut and paste those links. Stay in touch. John p.s. Gwen Fagan's book was a HUGE stimulus for me in my earliest days of going mental over Old Roses.

    ReplyDelete