Friday, April 10, 2015

One of my earliest rose fragrance loves came from visiting Malcolm Manners' collection of the Musk (Rosa moschata) Roses in the early 90s....that cinnamon/clove perfume from the anthers (vs. the petals) is simply incredible. It is even found in the very earliest Noisette roses like 'Champney's Pink' and 'Blush Noisette' and 'Jaune Desprez'. So I am VERY excited to see these seedlings coming up from hips of 'Graham Stuart Form' of "Rosa moschata that Jill Perry so kindly picked from the fabulous San Jose Garden and mailed to me. I was there some years ago with Bill Grant, and when I think of the MANY roses' pollens that bees could have brought to the blooms on those roses I levitate! And many could well be repeat bloomers.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.16943&tab=1


No comments:

Post a Comment