Sunday, October 12, 2014

This repeat blooming Rambler is just an open pollinated seedling of 'Blush Noisette' that I selected in 2004. Almost always in bloom, sharp/sweet Multiflora perfume, no bug or disease issues,sets some hips...I've never liked how many blooms don't finish cleanly. But it gets zero care beyond run off from nearby veggie container gardens, so I will train it back up onto the rebar and begin using it as a seed parent along with 'Seagull' and 'Old Blush'. Sometimes opens light pink, other times near white. It is SO reliable I'd be a fool to not breed with it! I especially like the long clusters that form now and then. I will root a few clones to share and grow elsewhere in my yard as breeders. I will be curious to see how it does if actually cared for! Ramblers, once blooming or not, are a very rare sight in Florida.






No comments:

Post a Comment