Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thank You Antique Rose Emporium!

Thanks to Mike Shoup, owner of this fine own root Old Roses grower, today the UPS man brought me these four roses to test in my Water Wise Container Gardens that are some reason not only allowing me to grow "Florida Roses" (Teas, Chinas and Noisettes) despite years of drought and severe water restrictions, but also "Denver Roses" that supposedly require full winter dormancy and hence are never seen in Florida, to my knowledge. I am psyched to trial these roses in 18 gallon Water Wise Container Gardens in my front gardens I am now wresting control of after the rose 'Mermaid' became a MONSTER that consumed my front yard and kept me out of it for over one year. This area faces north and so will be spared Tampa's harsh south winter sun while gaining the benefit of any North Winds I get here. Here are the roses that Mike Shoup and The Antique Rose Emporium donated to my efforts today. This will be fun! John

Baronne Prevost
"Moroccan Rose"
Reine des Violettes
"Nacogdoches"

No comments:

Post a Comment