Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tea Rose 'Mme. Antoine Marie'


I bought this a few years back, I believe from the good folks at Chamblee's Roses, as a drought tolerant Tea Rose, and tested it in a dry bed out front by the street where it clung to life in this  6 year drought and my water stingyness. But as soon as I dug it up and put it in a 5 gallon Water Wise Container  that I then buried, it took off. Time and time again, such as when it makes these massive candelabras, it is SO reminiscent of Florida's iconic Mystery China "Pink Cracker Rose". But the scent of the blooms IS the classic "tea" scent vs. the fruity-rose perfume of the Chinas, which "Pink Cracker Rose" boasts of in abundance. Plus the color is paler. John

http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.3967&tab=1

No comments:

Post a Comment