Thursday, November 21, 2013

This rose species, Rosa multiflora, can be invasive in colder U.S. states where many decades ago it was planted on purpose for erosion control....I've met it in my many road trips between Denver and Tampa. I love the simple form of the bloom, and the sweetly sharp fragrance. Today I was blessed with hips of it in the mail! LONG shot in south Tampa between the lack of winter chill and nematodes, but why not at least try? IF they grow here, since it is a once bloomer, I MIGHT get blooms in 2016 for me to work with as a breeder, so I WILL be bugging a certain woman in Missouri next spring to mail me in normal envelope with one stamp a few dozen of the tiny barely opening buds so I can use the pollen on my Teas, Chinas and Noisettes, plus 'Teasing Georgia'.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.5366.5&tab=1

No comments:

Post a Comment